Lindsay-Strathmore Cemetery, Lindsay
About Lindsay-Strathmore Cemetery, Lindsay
History of Lindsay Cemetery or Olive Cemetery
The first interment in Olive Cemetery was on January 20, 1909. The cemetery was started and owned by Olive Land Co. In 1930, voters of the Lindsay-Strathmore District approved the creation of a public cemetery district, and Olive Cemetery was taken over and became governed by the Tulare County Board of Supervisors and operated by an elected board. The Board of Supervisors now appoints the board.
History of Frazier Valley Cemetery (Gill Cemetery) – Frazier Valley Cemetery had its inception on February 12, 1881, when A.J. Kincaid donated the 2.7 acres for cemetery use. The Kincaids had come to the valley during the early 1870s. A number of members of the Kincaid family married into the large Gill clan. For many years the cemetery was known as the Gill family cemetery. The cemetery was started by a diphtheria epidemic in the early summer of 1882 and lasted through 1885.