Templeton Cemetery District, Templeton
About Templeton Cemetery District, Templeton
Templeton Cemetery District has been in use since the early 1870s. It was formed in 1938 by petition of the area residents establishing a final resting place for citizens of the community. It serves an area that covers over 64,000 acres with a 10-acre cemetery site. Templeton Cemetery District provides interment services and grounds maintenance at the “in use” three-acre site located off of Theatre Drive at 100 Templeton Cemetery Road, Paso Robles, CA, just north of the Community of Templeton, within the County of San Luis Obispo.
Templeton Cemetery District is a small quaint cemetery with half of it being in the “Old Section” (plots in a dirt section). The “Old Section” is bordered by shrubs and has a variety of bushes throughout, mainly planted by family members. Located in the center of the “Old Section” is the newly constructed Columbarium which is available for above-ground cremation inurnments. The other half of the cemetery is in a “Lawn Section” which contains available plots for sale. Located at the back of the cemetery (next to the parking area) is the new brick building that houses the storage room, restroom, and office.
Templeton Cemetery District is sustained by revenues generated by a portion of property taxes, interest earned on funds held in reserve, interments, and from the purchase of preneed plots.