Cambria Cemetery, Cambria
About Cambria Cemetery, Cambria
The cemetery began in 1870 by land donated by George Leffingwell and deeded to the San Simeon Masonic Lodge in 1877. In 1940, the San Luis Obispo County set up boundaries and created special districts for the 11 cemeteries in the county. We are a non-profit tax-supported agency governed by a three-member board of trustees.
We are an active cemetery performing 40-70 interments a year and have over 550 burial sites available. The cemetery is 12.2 acres in size and is in the middle of the largest stand of Monterey Pines in the state of California. We have over 1200 trees on the grounds ranging from Monterey Pines, coastal live oaks, Toyon trees, California Pepper tree, and various other native flowers and grasses.